Monday, September 8, 2008

Laundry and diapers...


I've heard about it happening and the mess it makes but never thought it would happen to me!  
I washed a disposable diaper in the washing machine today.  I hate laundry, it's never ending...you get the whole pile done to have everyone change into pajamas at the end of the night and WHAMMO - another load or two (we have a family of five).  

I thought I would get all of the laundry today done with a positive attitude.  When the dryer buzzed I told myself "go get it out and fold it, it will feel good once it is all done."  So, I did.  I put it on the bed for folding and then went to move the clothes in the washer into the dryer.  The top layer was fine but as I got deeper down I saw all of these little gel pieces.  I am thinking to myself "what could these be...".  As I get more and more out the gel pieces start falling off of the clothing onto the carpet...and then...the culprit!  A diaper!  How did it get in there?  Was it wrapped in one of the blankets I washed, how could I miss it?  Was it clean or dirty?  So many questions...so little answers.  

I ended up throwing what was left of the diaper in the trash, putting all of the wet clothes in a basket and shaking them out one by one.  Now, I am rewashing them to make sure I get it all out...not sure what would happen if it were to end up in the dryer.

Ahh...the joys of laundry.

1 comment:

alyssa said...

Ahhh..I hate when random stuff makes it's way into the laundry. This weekend my bf managed to wash his wallet...this is why I tell him not to do laundry :) (besides the fact that he thinks you can wash EVERY color together on cold)!!!